top of page
The Lincoln School building was constructed in 1924 as the new Woodrow Wilson Junior High School. The building was 57,120 square-feet and able to accommodate 840 students. After it opened in September 1925, Wilson became a central part of middle school education in west Eugene.
In 1953, the Wilson school was converted to an elementary school and renamed Lincoln Elementary School. Aspects of the building were altered to accommodate smaller students, such as lowered blackboards and bathroom fixtures. The original twenty classrooms were reduced to fourteen, creating larger interior spaces that included administrative offices. The library was made smaller, and a storeroom and kitchen were added.
After the school was closed and vacated by the school district in 1987, the building was repurposed as the Lincoln School Condominiums.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 25, 1990.
Official National Register of Historic Places Listing
National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form
Oregon Cultural Resource Inventory
Oregon Historic Site Record
bottom of page